Skip to content
Join us for one of our upcoming events in and around the Charlotte area.
- Thursday, September 1st @ 4 pm EST. Creating Psychologically Safe Organizations (SWE Advance Learning). This workshop is designed to help participants: Define DEI&B as it relates to psychological safety; Implement actionable advice to create an inclusive and equitable working experience; and Use empathy mapping to understand when and how to use the tools in the psychological safety toolkit. Learn more at https://advancelearning.swe.org/courses/44477/webinars/30652.
- Wednesday, September 7th @ 6:30 pm EST. Queen City Robotics Open House & Registration Event. Our friends at Queen City Robotics Alliance (QCRA) are looking for volunteers and mentors for 2022-23 after-school programs. Register here.
- Thursday, September 22nd @ 2 pm EST. Cloud Enablement: Azure Kubernetes Service at MetLife (SWE Advance Learning/MetLife). By 2025, 51% of IT spending will have shifted to the public cloud, per Gartner. Digital transformation and modernization is cloud-driven in order to keep pace with demand in many markets. In this talk, you will learn what Kubernetes is, how it works within a cloud context, namely Azure, and how Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) has helped MetLife reach its objectives. Learn more at: https://advancelearning.swe.org/courses/45850/webinars/31390.
- Monday, September 26th @ 6 pm EST: UNCC ENGAGE Co-Op Networking Event. Meet SWE Charlotte members Latefa McFadden (Cargill Senior Plant Engineer) and Linda Hargrove (Civil Engineer & STEM advocate).
- Thursday, September 28th @ 4 pm EST. Gender Inclusivity & Allyship (SWE Advance Learning). This workshop will equip participants with actionable steps to take aligning to the four levels of allyship (individual, interpersonal, institutional, and cultural). Facilitators will explore this from a conceptual level and then weave in tailored actions folks can take starting immediately to weave into their daily routines to uphold gender inclusivity among their teams. Learn more at https://advancelearning.swe.org/courses/44482/webinars/30661.
- Monday, October 3rd @ 5:30 pm EST: 2022-23 Kick-Off Meeting. Zoom link emailed to members. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a link to join the meeting.